Tuesday, April 20, 2010

ASTC Closed

I just hadn't been getting a good feeling from this stock as it typically gaps up and then sells off during the day and then gets a late push into close.  Today gapped up to $3.58 and there was a large bid at $3.55 and I took that as my chance to get out easily.  I don't know if this one is done yet, but intra-day this is pretty volatile and making me uncomfortable, so I locked in +$300 profits, and will keep an eye on it.  Unfortunately, I would have liked to get these funds into MGI but it sort of shot up this morning with just about every other stock in the market.  I'll be watching it closely, or perhaps might make a day trade off of ASTC hoping it repeats the past few days of mid-day dips and strong close.  There are typically large buys and sells right out the gate and coming into close, so it does seem like someone is grabbing the shares up.

Also, since I had to bring in more funds in order to trade three positions at once, I've increase my 'starting amount' to $9500, at end of day I'm just gonna make it an even $10k to make the math easier.  But so far off to a realized 7% gain in about 3 weeks - compounded annually and that's about $30k... likely impossible to keep up....

No comments:

Post a Comment