Wednesday, April 14, 2010

ASTC Big Day

ASTC shot up right out of the gate this morning, whoever was putting out the big shares at the ask wasn't there this morning.  I did see ISEG come in at various point in the day, specifically this $3.45 range where it closed at, but a ton of his share got eaten away at.  Today's volume was huge and consistently big throughout the day.  There hasn't been this much volume since the last mini-run up to the $3.65 resistance mark.

Below is the posted hourly chart over the last few weeks. 



The $3.20 support held and was my entry.  The ascending triangle did break down late last week, but I decided to give the $3.20 mark my trailing stop area.  Today's action gets us back over the ascending triangle that has been building for quite some time.  I'll probably look to use this as an indicator to get out if this, plus the mini-support at $3.39 doesn't hold.  It sucks missing the HOD, at $3.58, but really, when are you ever going to hit it perfectly.  The overall RSI14 is a measly 58, which gives me no indication that this stock is overbought, however, after a big "up day", I'm cautious about a slight pullback.  I again do not have a electronic trailing stop on this, and am going to be watching it closely.  If for some reason I can't give enough attention, I'll probably use that $3.39 as an exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment