Thursday, April 1, 2010

AIS and FLOW Still Holding

AIS

Well, I didn't expect AIS to take off so quickly, but I'll take it!  Reading a stock board I found a pasted article promoting AIS, which may have accounted for its spike.  Regardless, it appears my theory of $1.35 support was correct.  So now that we are at a $1.53 stock price, I need to re-evaluate my stop.  The $1.28 stop is no longer an option.  I'm tempted to tighten my stop pretty tight here, possibly bringing it up to the $1.48 support, maybe $1.46 to give it a little lee-way.  I don't trust myself with a mental stop however.  The reason I am planning this is because if it is going to get through $1.55, I need it to consolidate tightly underneath it, or just bust through on Monday.  Falling back below that mini-support at $1.48 and we're likely heading back to $1.35 - which I'd be happy to try this again!  See the 60-minute chart for further evidence of the $1.48 range being a good support/resistance target.


There were times today way I nearly sold based on some dips intra-day. I also modified my stop loss to $1.41 temporarily to lock in my profit on this trade. Never let a winning trade turn into a losing trade. The nice thing with this is even after the 12% spike, we still are only sitting at RSI14 of 66, not yet oversold. Which is why I would love for this to tighten up under $1.55 and then bust through and maybe giving us a potential breakout play. If that happens, I really don't have a plan and will have to wait for a sell-signal on the daily or intra-day candlesticks. At that point, I'll likely convert the stop limit to a trailing stop and let it run to test that method on a breakout. It sucks having to test-drive my exit strategies, but, only way to find out what works.

FLOW

An up day today, gaining a few more pennies. As previously mentioned, I've turned the stop limit into a trailing stop to lock in gains. Similar to AIS, hoping for a break past resistance at $3.20 - however, I don't think this has much strength here and should make it at least there, since we have added bonus as a gap-fill. We'll see how it plays out. This one is slowly rising to the mark which is what I think will be typical of these plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment